Hello Mrs. Glauser, my name is Angela. I am a current student in high school and was wondering if you could answer a few interview questions to help with a project I am working on. The topic of my project is why there aren't many women interested in the engineering field, and your experience will help me to gain a strong source. I would really like more girls to see the benefits of this career choice. If you have a moment of your time to spare, I ask if you'd be so kind to answer my questions below. Thank you.
1. Do you think there should be more women engineers today? Why or why not?
2. Would women be better engineers referring to skill base? Why?
3. Could women earn more money in the field than men?
4. What would be a good way to encourage women to follow this career pathway?
5. In your experience, have you seen the number of women in the field increase or decrease?
Thank you for your time.
by Angela, Spring, TX
on April 3, 2013
Hi Angela! I would like to meet you - I live in Spring, TX as well! I have worked as a chemical engineer for 10 years and I would be happy to answer these questions, as I'm very passionate about more women pursuing equal opportunity in engineering. Please contact me!