Jessye Bemley is a PhD Candidate attending North Carolina A&T State University within the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering. My research allows me to solve problems using stochastic mathematical models and simulations using computers. Some of my projects include:
1. Created a model that will determine the optimal amount of people and resources to respond to the Aids to Navigation after a hurricane.
2. Helped to develop a simulation to determine port productivity if disruptions or threats arise.
3. Develop model to calculate consumer morbidity and mortality from food contamination events.
I look forward to any questions you may have about engineering or life. Know that you can do anything you put your mind to.
PhD Industrial and Systems Engineering, North Carolina A&T State University
M.S. Industrial and Systems Engineering, North Carolina A&T State University, 2011
B.S. Industrial Engineering, North Carolina A&T State University, 2008
- I am willing to be contacted by educators for possible speaking engagements in schools or in after school programs or summer camps.
- I am willing to serve as science fair judge or other temporary volunteer at a local school.
- I am willing to be interviewed by interested students via email.